What Can I Watch?
Hoopla has over 5,000 movies & TV shows, and has new content added regularly! You'll find movies and TV shows for adults, kids and families; classic movies; do it yourself, educational, and health videos; as well as movies in all your favourite genres: Action & Adventure, Cartoons, Biographies, Comedies, Documentaries, Dramas, Science Fiction, and more!
Popular on Hoopla
- Borrow 8 items a month (movies and/or TV episodes)
- Note: You can borrow 8 items total from Hoopla each month, in any combination of music albums, movies, television episodes, and/or audiobooks
- Borrowing period is 3 days for movies & TV episodes
- Titlesreturn themselves automatically when the lending period is over (so no late fees!)
- Content is always available - no holds or waitlists!
- Using a Computer? Stream online through your internet browser.
- Using an Apple or Android? Get the App, and stream or download your content
- Hoopla also offers Music and Audiobooks! Borrow music albums for 7 days, and audiobooks for 21 days
How it Works
- Create an account! You’ll need to provide your library card number and PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number). Then, enter your email address, and choose a password.
- Using an Apple or Android Device? Get the App:
- Find and Borrow a Movie or a TV episode!
- Watch your video by clicking My Titles and checking your "borrowed" section.
- Note: you'll need a browser add-on called Widevine to play Hoopla eVideos in your browser. The first time you try to play an eVideo, your browser will prompt you to install the Widevine add-on.
Instructions - Getting Started with Hoopla
For a full list for FAQs and for Technical Support, see About Hoopla
- Why are there different titles available in the video tutorials?
Like Netflix and many other video services, content differs between the United States and Canada due to licensing laws and restrictions - the US gets some titles that we don't, and we get some titles that the US doesn't get.
- Can I return my titles early?
You can return the title before the lending period has expired by clicking the "Return" button at the top right of the title detail page. Please note that returning a title early does not give users additional borrows for that month.
- Can I play my movies & TV on more than one device at a time?
You can play hoopla content on several devices, but not at the same time. However, you can begin playing content on one device and pick it back up later on another device right from where you left off earlier.
- Is closed captioning available?
Yes, hoopla supports closed captioning of video content where available and/or required. We continue to work with Publishing Partners and industry resources to expand the availability of closed captioning services.
- How can I see my borrowing history?
Once you have borrowed and returned a title via hoopla you can begin viewing your history from the "Settings" page by the click the "My History" button on your mobile device as well as the hoopla website.
- What is Widevine?
Widevine is a safe video player that hoopla uses via your web browser to play our video content. Widevine is a free add-on for your browser that is owned by Google. If you do not already have this installed when you attempt to play a video title in your web browser you will see a notification that will direct you to the Widevine website, from there you simply need to click on Install Now and follow the on screen prompts. If you are preparing ahead of time you can go directly to that website yourself at tools.google.com/dlpage/widevine.