eBooks for Kids!
About eBooks for Kids
Our new eBooks for Kids' site has almost 1,000 chapter books and easy readers, with new titles added weekly! Now you can catch up with your favourite characters and stories, online, from home, any time! What's the best way to use eBooks with your child? Find out here!
How it Works
- Step 1: Get the Free Software
- Got an eReader or want to read on your Computer? Download Adobe Digital Editions for Windows or Mac
- Got a mobile device? Get the OverDrive App for Apple, Android, Blackberry, or Windows
- Step 2: Authorize your device with an Adobe ID
- What's an Adobe ID? An Adobe ID is a free account you'll need in order to read protected eBook files
- Step 3: Go Get an eBook!
- Need More Help? Check out our instructional guides at www.yourlibrary.ca/ebooks
What Can I borrow?
- You can borrow 7 eBooks at a time (total, including the kids' and adult sites)
- Lending period is 21 days
- eBooks expire automatically after 21 days, so you don't need to return them and you never need to worry about late fines!
- You can place 5 holds at a time
- No renewals, but you can go back and borrow the book again if it's available!
- Option to return books early