Public Computer Lab
- Public Computer Labs are now available at all library branches for those who have limited or no access to a computer, the internet, and/or printing.
- Computer labs are open at all branches (drop in only) from 9:00am to 8:50pm Monday to Friday and on Saturdays & Sundays from 10:00am to 4:50pm.
- Customers may use up to 180-minutes of computer access per day, system-wide. This will begin with one 45-minute session with the option of adding up to three 45 minute self-extensions, depending on computer availability.
- Self-extensions will be offered automatically.
- Please sign in with your library card.
- The computer labs have been developed following WorkSafe BC guidelines to ensure safety of staff and patrons.
Computer stations available by branch
- Brighouse: 42 computers, 3 scanners.
- Ironwood: 25 computers, 1 scanner.
- Cambie: 8 computers, 1 scanner.
- Steveston: 6 computers, 1 scanner.
Technology at the Library:
- Digitization Station (LP records, Cassettes, and VHS tapes)
- Photo Scanner Station (Slides, Negatives, and Photos))
- Cricut Maker 3 Station (Precision Cutting of Paper and Vinyl)
- 3D Modelling Station (Designing and Preparing 3D Prints)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Cricut Design Space
RPL public computers provide access to Internet and software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.