Instruction for Remote Printing
Send your print job to the Library printers from your computer.
- From your browser, go to https://www.yourlibrary.ca/print
- At the top of the page is the list of supported file types, cost per page, and max file size
- Click “Select File” button and browse to the files you want to print or simply drag and drop your files to the “Select File” box. ***Note: password protected documents cannot be processed
- For each uploaded document, make the following selections: number of copies, B&W/Color, one sided/two sided, paper size, layout, and page range
- Confirm estimated job cost is shown at the bottom of this section
- Under “User Info” in the Required field, type in your name or library card number
- Enter an email address for receipt of submission in the Optional field. ***Note: SMS or text message receipt does not work for Canadian carriers
- Click Submit. Make sure you get a pop-up confirming “Job submission successful!”
- You will also receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your print job will be queued for 24 hours. Visit any of the four Richmond Public Library branches to print out your document
Send your print job to the library printers from your smartphone or tablet.
- Download the Public Print Locations app
- Open the app, to link an internet email account, tab on the E-mail icon and follow onscreen instructions
- To link Office 365 or cloud storage account for direct access, simply tab on the gear icon on the upper right corner and tick the appropriate boxes and follow the onscreen instructions
- To print pictures or files on your device, tab the desire icon and follow the onscreen instructions
- Use the Nearby or Map tab to select any of the four Richmond Public Library locations. Note that it makes no difference which location you select. Your job can be collected at any of the four library branches.
- Choose number of copies, pages, B&W or Colour, etc. then enter your name or library card number in the User Information field
- Tab on “Print”
- A confirmation “Done” will appear at the top of the app along with the Release code (what you entered in User Information field above)
- Visit the any of the 4 library branches to print out your document. Your print job will be queued for 24 hours