The Richmond Public Library is pleased to announce the arrival of our Birdwatching ExplorePACKS. Any adult or teen with a RPL library card may borrow the ExplorePACKS.
The Birdwatching ExplorePACK is a bird watching starter pack, perfect for a fun and educational way to spend time outdoors and appreciate nature!
Each Birdwatching ExplorePACK contains:
- Crossfire 8×42 binoculars with lens cap, strap and a soft case;
- National Geographic field guide to the birds of Western North America
- Pacific authentic Richmond BC birding map;
- Map-guide to the common birds of Vancouver
- British Columbia birds: a folding pocket guide to familiar species.
- Discover Richmond: birds
- List of resources on birdwatching
- Satisfaction survey
We now have a Two person Birdwatching ExplorePACK that includes:
- Two Crossfire 8×42 binoculars with lens cap, strap, and a soft case
- Sibley’s Backyard Birds of the Pacific Northwest book
These kits are made possible by the generous donation of Birds Canada, Wild Birds Unlimited, Vortex Optics, and Environment, Climate Change Canada and through the generous work of James Casey, Fraser Estuary Specialist and Birds Canada.
To find out more about Birds Canada’s, education initiatives, and conservation work, please visit www.birdscanada.org for more information about the Birdwatching backpack, please call Richmond Public Library at (604) 231-6422, or ask about it the next time you visit.